Where Am I?
Where am I? …
… yet I am found
I found something.
I hold it in my closed hand.
This is precious,
…..actually priceless to me.
I had it once,
but I seemed to lose it.
Yet, there it was right before me when I opened the eyes of my heart.
I was never without it.
I just misplaced me, myself.
How could I have done this?
I got too busy,
too self-involved with health, surgeries, pain, etc.,
and got lost!
I am here though and so is my God.
He never left me
nor forsook me.
He held me,
held me tightly.
I am found,
I sit with my God.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, “Be strong and courageous, for you shall go with this people into the land that the LORD has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall put them in possession of it. It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
(Deuteronomy 31:6-8 ESV)
The continuity of God’s Presence is an ALWAYS, a CONSTANT, a GIVEN.
God leads. He provides godly leadership through others.
God protects His children.
God blesses His children.
God fights for His children.
God remains with His children.
“…teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20 ESV)
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).
(Matthew 1:22-23 ESV)
- Mama lovin’ us
- Mama happy to see K and F
- Mama appreciating me so much
- Z calling more frequently; family becoming important to him as he has become a husband and soon to be a father (baby girl due in 2-3 weeks)
- calm moments
- Mama’s kind and sweet heart tonight
- …like Indian Paintbrush
- God’s care for my Mama
- Kind nurses at nursing home caring so much about Mom
- CP staff think Mom is “quite the character and keeps us on our toes”
- wonderful and long conversation with my sister, A…
- A… telling me about Shama Thrush and a Brazilian Red Cap Cardinal visiting on her back deck in Kauai
- my loving husband
- my caring husband who is my best friend
- memories of our honeymoon in Maine almost 19 years ago
Family photo of Mom and me 2010
Indian Paintbrush: http://www.ownbyphotography.com/newpage79.htm
Indian Blanket: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaillardia_pulchella
Shama Thrush: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-rumped_Shama
Brazilian Red Cap Cardinal: http://www.alohafriendsphotos.com/birds.html
Pemaquid Lighthouse: http://lighthousegetaway.com/lights/maine3.html